Read our Guest Book
The following Booking Conditions form the basis of your agreement with
Ken and Carolyn Thompson, trading as 3 Clos de Pommard.
Trading address: 3 Clos de Pommard, 21360 Pommard, France.
Please read this information carefully.
BOOKING and PAYMENT.
1. Reservation of the property for a given week(s) is confirmed once we have received a deposit of 350 euros per week, along with your booking form. Eight weeks prior to your arrival date, the remainder of the rental price plus a damages deposit of 250 euros must be received in order to retain the reservation, and at this time the full payment becomes non-refundable. If you decide to cancel your reservation with at least 12 weeks' notice before the start of your vacation, we will refund 75% of your deposit. With between 8- 12 weeks notice, 50% of your deposit will be refundable. If you are forced to cancel with less than 8 weeks notice, we can only refund your damage deposit to you.
For this reason, we advise clients to acquire travel insurance against the unexpected cancellation of their holiday. We reserve the right to treat a dishonoured cheque as a cancellation of booking, or apply an administration charge of 10 euros. Please note, cancellations can only be accepted from the party leader, in writing or by email to the contact details found on our website www.3closdepommard.com
2. Following receipt of your final payment, we will send the following information:
- Directions to find the property
- Key instructions
If you have not received this information within 2 weeks of your booking date, please contact us immediately.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY.
3. Requests for amendments after your booking has been confirmed must be in writing, by post or email.
IF YOUR HOLIDAY IS CHANGED OR CANCELLED.
4. Occasionally, changes have to be made and errors corrected both before and after bookings have been confirmed. In exceptional circumstances, a confirmed booking may have to be cancelled. Whilst changes & cancellations are always avoided wherever possible, we reserve the right to do so. N.B. If the property is withdrawn or unavailable, this is a cancellation. If a booking has to be cancelled or significant change made, we will tell you as soon as possible. We regret no expenses, costs or losses including flight cancellations/changes, incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation can be paid. In light of operating experience, or due to circumstances beyond our control, facilities at the property may be withdrawn, modified or be temporarily unavailable.
5. We strongly recommend that all party members be appropriately insured for your journey to and your stay in France through a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and full cover for the party's belongings, public liability etc since these are not covered by our insurance.
6. Prices quoted are inclusive of water and electricity. Also included are all linens and towels, cleaning and kitchen materials for your use and a welcome pack from the owners. Electricity consumption of above 8kw per day may incur a charge of 0.20 euros per additional kilowatt used, which will be deducted from your security deposit
7. You are responsible for your own travel arrangements to and from the property.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE.
8. You should arrive at the property after 5.00 pm, and depart by 10am. If you wish to arrive earlier than 5.00pm, or leave later than 10.00 am, it is important that you contact us beforehand to make alternative arrangements. We will do our best to accommodate your requirements.
9. On departure clients are expected to remove all their personal items including all foodstuffs, empty fridges/freezers, flush toilets, wash up or load and start dishwasher and put away all used kitchen equipment. Please dispose of all household rubbish at the designated disposal point. We should be grateful if all items are returned to their usual storage positions, and that the property is left in a neat and tidy state.
10. Clients should take all reasonable precautions to protect themselves whilst on holiday and take sensible security precautions and ensure all windows are closed and doors locked. It is a condition of the rental that small children are not left unattended in the property. You are staying in our private property and we respectfully ask you to take reasonable care of our furniture and fittings during your stay. If any breakages do occur, please tell us rather than trying to replace the item. Please also respect your neighbours and avoid causing noise and/or any nuisance. French law prohibits noise and disturbance after 10pm.
11. The maximum party size for the apartment is 6 persons. These figures include children under the age of 4. Pitching tents or parking caravans to accommodate more people than the maximum is strictly forbidden. Smoking is not permitted and we have a no pets policy in the properties.
DAMAGES AND SECURITY DEPOSITS.
12. You will be required to pay a security deposit of 250 euros. This deposit is to cover the cost of any damage and/or breakages caused by you in, at or to the property and is payable with the final balance. If you have not caused any damage and/or breakages, the security deposit will be returned to you in full within 2 weeks of your return. It will be returned to you using the same method of payment to us. We reserve the right to deduct the full cost of any damage and/or breakages caused from the security deposit and return the balance to you as set out above. If the security deposit is not sufficient to cover the cost of any breakages and/or damage caused, you will be responsible for full payment of any additional charges, costs and/or losses incurred on request. The Client agrees to take good care of the "property" and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. We reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the "property" in an unacceptable condition.
13. We shall not be liable to the Client:
For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the "property", nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the "property", or courtyard or any loss, damage or injury that is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or any other matters beyond our control.
For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the "property" shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, we shall within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
For any changes to the property and/or facilities contrary to any advertised features or facilities.
14. In France, customs, habits and lifestyles may be different. You may find domestic, farm and wild animals in the vicinity and associated noise and smells. Insects (including stinging/biting insects), spiders and rodents do occasionally find their way into properties. These are local prevailing conditions totally outside our control for which we cannot accept any liability. Cuts in water and electricity supplies may occur at any time without warning. We cannot be held responsible for technical problems with the property/facilities, or any problems with any electrical appliance as a result of interruption to the electricity supply. The properties and courtyard do have to be maintained and this may occur during your stay without notice.
PLEASE CHECK ALL DETAILS.
15. Please check the confirmation/invoice carefully immediately on receipt & advise us straight away of any apparent